It is required that everyone 2 years of age and older wear a mask, regardless of their vaccination status, in most indoor public settings and businesses.
Some people should not wear a mask, such as children younger than 2 and people with certain medical conditions or disabilities.
- Indoors at businesses, government offices, youth-serving facilities (except K-12 school settings through the end of the 2021-22 school year), and workplace settings
- On trains, buses, ferries, taxis and ride-shares
- In transportation hubs like bus terminals, train stations, marinas, seaports or other ports, subway stations, or any other area that provides transportation
- Healthcare settings
- State and local correctional facilities and detention centers
- Shelters and cooling centers